Saturday 22 November 2008

Geoff Leigh and Sonrise Church

I find Geoff Leighs blog on Sonrise Church Hastings interesting, funny and at the same time quite sad and frightening all at the same time! Geoff Leigh the author has written against us as a church since January 2007.


It all started when we placed an offer into Hastings Borough Council for the use of St Mary in the Castle, an old Church building.

The reason I am writing about this now is that as many will be aware we have decided to leave St Mary in the Castle in January 2009 due to continued harassment and attacks on myself, my family and the Church.

I am hoping that when I show Geoff Leigh the errors of his ways he will realise his mistakes, admit he got it wrong and bring correction.

Who Is Geoff Leigh?

Geoff Leigh (born 5 October 1945) is an English jazz and progressive rock musician, playing primarily soprano sax and flute. He was a member of the English avant-garde rock group Henry Cow and founded several bands himself, including Red Balune, Random Bob, Black Sheep, Mirage, and Ex-Wise Heads.

I have complied a list of questions and facts which I will be sending to Geoff Leigh in regard to his blog about Sonrise Church in Hastings and will look forward to his reply. I am only interested in facts and will be asking some straight questions which I hope I will get some straight answers to.

1. Why do you call us an “American based Church”?

2. Can you provide evidence for this statement?

The truth is we are not an American based church, anyone who does their research will prove this to be true. We are part of a church group called Christian Outreach Centre which was founded in Australia in the early seventies.

3. You direct people to visit three web sites by link on your blog which are:
www.sonrise.net/
www.sonrisepalmdale.org
Sonrise Community Church (Unite Service)

Other then the name of these churches what research did you do to confirm any connection to our church? Please provide evidence.

4. What was the purpose behind posting these links on your blog?

The truth again is that we have no connection with any of these churches, either in the past or now, they are not connected to us in anyway what so ever. To suggest we are connected with these churches is misleading and untruthful.

Geoff I really don’t mind you doing a blog about myself or the church in fact its an honour to think you think I’m worthy of your time, but please do your research.

One example of some one who has done their research well is 'Barth Notes' a few small mistakes but none that are truly misleading.

1 comment:

~Aliens@C~ said...

Dear Glenn.

Sorry for not replying earlier - I rarely use this blog & don't check for comments very often.

Let me say straight away that I disapprove of the "scare tactics" used against you personally & your church - rather an ill-informed debate than an ill-conceived "outing" strategy!

Answers to your questions:

1, 2, + 3) I assumed that "sonrise" applied to a single organisation - I found nothing to contradict this, & only found American websites using it. Obviously I should have searched further.

4) Well come on good sir! "Interesting,funny, & at the same time quite sad & frightening all at the same time!"

Wishing you the best of luck for the future - by all means do reply, but don't expect much of a response from me.

Job done.

Move on.